
Last Sunday was an extra special day. I was baptized at our church! We had twelve visitors in town for the big event: My Auntie Alicia flew in from North Carolina, Uncle Matt and Becky drove from Cape Girardeau, Nana and Lolo flew in from California, Grama, Papa Paul, Great Mama Sarah, and my Great Aunts Susie, Donna, and Sheri all drove from St. Louis, and my Great Uncle Dave drove all the way from New York. I felt incredibly loved to have so many family members in town just for me. We also had friends in town who came to the church service - Rodger and Megan, Chad and Kim, James and Beth, and the Reussners. Thanks to ALL of you for coming!
The service was super fun. Mom made me wear this long white gown that made me look a little girly (okay...ALOT girly), but it gave me something to chew on during the service. Turns out, I was the 17th baby to wear this christening gown. My Grama was the first baby to wear it over 50 years ago! Since then, all the MacLaughlin children and grandchildren have worn it. It's a pretty cool tradition (and you all know my mom's a sucker for traditions).
I was incredibly well-behaved during the service. Usually, Mom, Dad, and I sit in the very back pew so that we can sneak in and out whenever I want to talk (or cry). I hate sitting back there because the organ is so LOUD; it hurts my ears! Thankfully, for the baptism, we were asked to sit up at the front of the church. It turns out, the organ isn't quite so intense up there, so I was fine sitting the whole time. Mom and I did have to sneak out once during the sermon because I was in need of a diaper change after letting one rip for all to hear. ;) I was baptized right after the sermon. My Uncle Matt (mom's baby bro) and Auntie Alicia (dad's baby sis) stood as Godparents. They stood at the front of the church with us and presented me to the congregation. Even standing up in front of everyone, I was still very well-behaved (I know when to turn it on), and I loved having the water poured over my head (extra bath time!). When it was all over, Father Rob carried me down the aisle so that I could meet and greet people. It was pretty exciting!
Pics from the weekend. Click here for more!







No comments:
Post a Comment