It's been an exciting month!
CEREAL
Yum!
GRANDMA
The first weekend in October, Grandma came to visit so that Mom and Dad could go to a wedding (congrats Misha and Lauren!) and have a date night (Punch Brothers at the Lied Center). We had lots of fun, and Grandma took a ton of pictures (as usual!). She also bought me a fun exersaucer that I just LOVE. I was a little skeptical at first, but I've learned how to move around in it, and I love that it has so many toys to chew on!
O'FALLON
The second weekend, we took a trip to O'Fallon to visit family. It was a quick trip, but lots of fun. We had a big dinner at Great Mama Sarah's house on Saturday, so I got to see everyone. On Sunday, we stopped in St. Louis to visit with the Kirklands who were in town for a family wedding. The visit was too short, but it was great to finally meet Mr. Matt! Thanks for letting us crash the wedding. ;)
MR. & MRS. HIATT
The third weekend was super exciting. My "Aunt" Ashley got married to Stephen! I spent a lot of time with Dad that weekend...and because he's such an awesome Pop...we did great! Mom was Matron of Honor, so she helped throw a Bachelorette Party on Thursday evening. It sounds like it was a fairly tame party...dinner followed by dessert and cappuccinos. Then, on Friday, Mom headed back to KC to get a manicure and pedicure with the ladies. That evening, we all got dressed up to go to the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. It was a late night for me, but I had fun hangin' out with Rodger and "Aunt" Meggo. Saturday was the big day. Mom left early in the morning, but Grandma and Papa Paul were in town for the wedding by then, so they helped Dad get me ready. The ceremony was just perfect. "Aunt" Ashley was a stunning bride, and I loved hearing "Aunt" Meggo sing. One of the songs she sang was "Borning Cry," which I've been told was the song my Auntie Alicia sang at Mom and Dad's wedding. I think Mom teared up a bit during that one! The reception was wonderful as well. I got to spend a little time with Mom and Dad during dinner, but then Grandma and Papa Paul took me to our hotel room early so that we could go to sleep at a decent time. Mom tells me that she and Dad had a great time celebrating with the newlyweds. Apparently Dad was quite the dancer - something he picked up in Iceland and Ireland while celebrating Auntie Camille and Uncle Mark's wedding. I wish I could have been there to see his moves!
BABY NEWS
Over the wedding weekend, we received some fabulous news from Uncle James and Auntie Caedmon. They're giving me my first cousin! They're due next April, so we'll be about a year a part in age. I can't wait! Congratulations!
LIFE IS GOOD
We used this weekend to play catch up and have some quality family time. It was great. Life is good! I can't believe that I get to celebrate my first Halloween in just one week. I've got my costume ready. I'm going to be the cutest little monkey you've ever seen...stay tuned for pictures!
Click here for October in pictures.
-Elijah




Nothing makes me smile bigger than a new LB Flor blog post...with pictures!!
ReplyDeleteAshley's wedding looks GORGEOUS and I can't rave enough about how cute Eli is.
Love from NC,
Alicia