This weekend was just the breath of fresh air we needed. After a whirlwind of a winter break, we hardly got settled back in at home before being thrown back into the Real World. Mom's been back at work for a week and a half now, and Dad started a new job last week (which is going really well!), which meant I started back at Hilltop last Monday. Mom must have been spoiled by our time off, because the transition back to reality was brutal for her. I think it's mainly because she misses hanging out with me all day (can you blame her?). Dad and I are rarely fazed by these sorts of things (must be a guy thing), but we hate when Mom is out of sorts. Thankfully, she's back to normal. A three day weekend spent at home organizing, cleaning, playing, relaxing, and enjoying family time will do that for a mama. Hooray!
Highlights of our weekend include:
1. Watching the Jayhawks play on TV while bowling at Jaybowl (I even bowled a spare!)
2. Yummy carbonara made by my Dad
3. Christmas decorations packed away (finally!)
4. Cars cleaned out
5. Lots and lots of laundry done
6. Naps
7. Trip to the park in my red car


Tomorrow it's the real deal. Dad's Spring semester starts. 22 hours on top of two jobs and preparation for his Masters exam will be tough, but if anyone can do it - it's Dad! We love you, Daddy! Here we go!
Love,
Elijah
No comments:
Post a Comment