Sunday, March 7, 2010

Third Trimester Joys

Well it's here. The third trimester. Mom claims she's getting bigger on the outside...but I'm feeling more and more squished these days. I've found my favorite spot to snuggle is right under Mama's right rib. She tries to nudge me down every now and then, but I just kick back. It's a little game we like to play. ;)

We've started heading to the doctor every two weeks now. Mom had a routine blood test for gestational diabetes, and it turns out she actually has low blood sugar...which means we get to eat smaller meals several times throughout the day rather than three big meals. I think that I might like this new arrangement. :) My heart rate is still looking good - last time we checked it was at 146 bpm. The only complaint mom has had about the pregnancy so far is really bad indigestion. She thinks it's a sign of me having a head full of hair already...I guess you'll all just have to wait and see!

Right now, Mom and Dad are just focused on getting through the school year. In some ways, May feels like it will be here before they know it, and in others, it feels like it will never get here. Next week, we all get a much anticipated Spring Break, so we're planning a short family trip to the St. Louis area. Other than that, mom hopes to get a little spring cleaning and organizing done around the house. This will be her last break before I arrive, so she's determined to be productive. Maybe those nesting instincts they talk about will come in handy!

Have I ever mentioned that I have one heck of a Dad, by the way? Mom and I are so proud of how hard he's worked for our family this year. He's juggling quite the schedule these days between 18 credit hours at KU, 6 independent study credit hours, teaching private music lessons, and his band directing job...but even with his crazy hectic schedule, he still finds time to pamper Mom and read, talk, and sing to me. He's quite the guy! Thanks for all you do, Pops! We love you!

I'll leave you with a few new pictures taken at week 28:


5 comments:

  1. I get to see you next week lil bit, can not wait. You sure are getting bigger.

    With love and fun,
    Uncle Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look fabulous, Kristin! Are you getting any use out of those pants you bought in SanFran?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma and Papa PaulMarch 9, 2010 at 6:34 AM

    Hey there Lil'Bit! So you're practicing your soccer kicks now, how fun! Your Pops and Mama will be the best parents, you are so lucky. Only a few more weeks and we will all get to meet you. Enjoy those extra meals.
    We love you, Grandma and Papa Paul

    ReplyDelete
  4. E - I LOVE the pants I bought in SF! Gap is definitely my favorite place to shop for maternity pants. So glad we found them...it was totally worth the sprint to the theater. ;)

    M - Can't wait to see you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Time for a spring break update Lil' Bit!! How are you? Love, Ashley

    ReplyDelete