It all started last Friday when Mom, Dad, and I took a long drive toward Kansas City. I fell asleep, and when I woke up, Mom and I were back at home, but Dad had disappeared! Mom says he'll be back soon and that he went on a very special trip to celebrate Auntie Camille and Uncle Mark's wedding. They planned a destination wedding in Iceland and then headed to Ireland (where Uncle Mark's originally from) to celebrate with his extended family. We've chatted with Dad a few times through Google chat, and it sounds like he's having a blast. The pictures are amazing too. We're so glad that he got to be there to celebrate with the newlyweds, but we sure do miss him! Congratulations Auntie Camille and Uncle Mark!
With Dad gone, I've been left to deal with all the ladies in the house. Mom's friend, Sarah, came to visit over the weekend and Grandma has been here all week! I'm so glad they've been here to keep us company while Dad is away, but it sure does put a lot of pressure on me to step up as the Man of the House. No worries though; I think I've done a pretty good job at keeping them in line. ;)
In all seriousness though, Mom and I truly miss having Dad with us. It's just not the same without him. We're also so thankful that Grandma took time off of work to help out around the house. I've loved having her here for such an extended period of time, and I know Mom has too!
Here are a few pictures from our week so far:

Snugglin' with my Grandma

Mama, I miss Dad

I swear the camera adds ten pounds (or ounces, in my case...)

Patriotic

A 7 week grin
Smilin' for Grandma

Visiting Miss Becky and Miss Ashley




No comments:
Post a Comment