Thursday, July 1, 2010

Recuperating

Whew! We had quite the week in St. Louis celebrating Uncle Joey and Aunt Elena's wedding. It was a beautiful event and a busy week. We drove in on Tuesday afternoon and had dinner at Grandma and Papa Paul's. On Wednesday, we watched USA's awesome World Cup game. Mom scared me half to death with her scream when we scored the winning goal. I like soccer and all, but not when it causes mom to make sudden loud noises. She's usually pretty calm...I'm not quite sure what got into her!

Wednesday night was the rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. Mom was a bridesmaid in the wedding, so I stayed with Dad during the rehearsal. We then met up with everyone for the dinner. I slept the whole time, which was good, because I was a bit cranky from the heat.

Thursday was our day to sit back and relax. I spent it relaxing with both of my great grandmothers and several other family members. I also went on a quick shopping trip with Great Grandma Sally, Grandma, and Mom. We found a handsome outfit for me to wear to the wedding and a cool new carrier that Mom and Dad are going to use to carry me in since I'm not a fan of the sling. Thanks Grandma Sally!

Friday was the big wedding day. Mom was gone most of the day with bridesmaid obligations, so I got to spend a lot of time hanging out with Dad and other family members. The wedding was absolutely beautiful. Aunt Elena was a stunning bride, and Uncle Joey was clearly overjoyed. We're so happy they found each other! Congrats! Hope you're enjoying the honeymoon!

We returned to Lawrence on Sunday. It's Thursday, and we're still not entirely unpacked. Mom and I spent the week relaxing and snuggling, while Dad spent his days studying for his upcoming summer course and preparing music for Auntie Camille and Uncle Mark's wedding. He leaves tomorrow for their big event in Iceland. Their wedding is on Monday. Mom and I are so bummed to miss out on the fun, but hope that the rest of the family enjoys the celebration. We're looking forward to lots and lots of pictures and a few video chat opportunities!

More soon!

Love,
Eli


The beautiful couple


Mom and I taking a break from the reception.

Click here for more pics throughout the week.

1 comment:

  1. You look beautiful in the photo (both Mom and Eli!).

    Sending all of our love from Iceland!!! P.S. Your dad misses you and your mom a whole lot Elijah. But he's trying to keep busy by being a fantastic music coordinator for Uncle Mark and Aunt Camille's wedding.

    Love,
    Aunt Alicia

    ReplyDelete