Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cold and Colds

It's Christmastime!!!! Mom was right. I LOVE this time of year. The lights, the decorations, the music, the parties...it's all so exciting. I sure could do without this frigid weather though. It's supposed to get down to -4 degrees tonight. Brrrrrrrrr!!!!! I might be alright with the temperature if we had snow coming, but there's none in the forecast. :(

I experienced my first cold over the last week or so. I felt pretty lousy for a day or two, but once I had the doctor's recommended doses of Benadryl and Tylenol, I felt much better. I also ended up with a yucky eye infection, so my doc prescribed some eye drops. They worked wonders - the gunk was cleared up within a day! The worst part of my cold was the fact that I had a hard time breathing at night, so I had trouble sleeping. And then, once my nose was cleared up, I developed a cough, which also kept me up at night. Being up at night is no fun. Mom and Dad don't like to play in the middle of the night, and I always feel bad that one of them has to be up with me. They say they don't mind though. It's part of parenthood. They just want me to feel better! Thankfully, I slept much better this weekend. We all needed the rest.

When I'm sick, Mom and Dad let me stay in my cozy pj's all day. Clearly, a little snotty nose doesn't keep me down:


In other news - I'm sitting up all by myself!

Here's proof:





Click here for more December pics.

Looking forward to seeing the Ahlvins and Macs next week. :)

Love,
Elijah

2 comments:

  1. Oh no Eli!! I'm so sorry you got sick...it was probably left-over germs from your stinkin Auntie Alicia. SO SORRY!!! When I am a fully-fledged nurse, I can fly out and help to take care of you. Just one year from now! Feel all the way better really soon and know you are loved beyond belief...and that you are stinkin' cute in a beanie. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pics in your Christmas attire, Eli! :)

    ReplyDelete