Friday, February 25, 2011

9 months old

Update:

1. I'm crawling on all fours now - but I still really enjoy scootin' on my tummy.

2. I've started "cruising" along furniture and window sills.

3. Our house is now baby proofed. No fingers in the sockets for me! We also have a gate at the top of our stairs to keep me from tumbling down and our coffee table blocks off our big bookcase during the day. I really wish Mom and Dad would just let me explore as I'd like, but I guess they're just trying to keep me safe.

4. A couple of weeks ago, we went to see my doctor because my parents were worried I've been losing weight. Bad news is, they were right. Good news is, we think I'm making gains now that they feed me a little more! ;) We've postponed my 9 month check up until closer to 10 months so that my doc can monitor my progress. We're hoping that my frequent and substantial spit ups aren't what's causing me to keep off the pounds. We'll keep you posted!

5. I've received my first ever acceptance letter! I'll be attending Hilltop next Fall while Daddy goes to school and works and Mommy teaches. Hilltop is an awesome daycare on KU's campus that will work really well with our family schedule. We went on a quick tour this morning and I am super pumped about it. I'm really looking forward to making friends my own age, as I tend to spend most of my life with adults these days.

6. With that said, I have loved spending time with my sitters Kim, Maureen, and Anne. They come and spend time with me throughout the week while Daddy attends classes. I have so much fun playing with them! Mom and Dad feel really blessed to have such trustworthy people caring for me.

7. I'm learning to really show my preferences. I know how to turn on the tears when I'm angry and how to quickly turn them off when I get what I want. I have also learned to use my voice as needed.

8. I'm really ticklish. One of my Mommy's favorite things to do is to tickle my armpits and listen to me cackle. It's pure torture. But I love it.

9. I've had really great visits with family lately and I'm looking forward to several more in the near future. Gramma, Papa Paul, Uncle Joey, and Aunt Elena came to see me a couple of weekends ago to help celebrate Mommy's birthday. We had loads of fun, as I'm sure you noticed from our last picture post. We're planning a quick trip to O'Fallon next weekend to see some extended family. Then, Auntie Alicia will be here in about a week and a half to play with me, and Nana's planning a visit at the end of March. Mom, Dad, and I are also planning a quick trip to Chicago to visit friends over Spring Break. It's going to be a great month!

Peace, Love, and Spit Up,

Elijah

No comments:

Post a Comment