Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My Wish

I wish it could be summertime all year. Well, I take that back. I wish Mom, Dad, and I could hang out at home together all year...I'd be fine with the seasons changing while we did so. I'm not sure I could stand this heat all year long.

We are loving the luxury of spending quality family time together this summer. Our days usually look something like this: I wake my parents up at 6:30. They grumble about who is going to get out of bed with me. I eat breakfast with the lucky winner. We wake up the other parent. Dad heads down to the basement or out to the coffee shop to work or study. Mom and I run errands, do chores, and/or play. We eat lunch. Mom lays me down for my nap (yes, I'm officially "sleep trained"!). Mom and I head to the pool or playground. We eat dinner. We have family time (ice cream or walk or playground). I splish and splash in the tub. Mom lays me down for bed (did I mention that I'm officially "sleep trained"?). And we start it all over again!

Of course, not every day looks exactly like this. Sometimes we have visitors, like Papa Paul and Gramma. They came a couple of weeks ago and helped us do a few things around the house - like powerwash the gutters and sidewalk, stain the porch swing and chairs, and paint an old chest for my new play area in the basement. Papa Paul and Gramma also stayed with me one evening while Mom and Dad took a wine class and went to dinner with friends. Last weekend, we made another trip to St. Louis to visit family. We feel lucky to have the time to make these visits so often over the summer!

With that said, I don't think any of us are quite ready for what's to come. Mom starts back to school on August 15th, and my parents tell me that I'm headed to my own school called "Hilltop" that same day. I've been to visit my new school twice this summer, and it looks pretty cool. I'm excited to hang out with other kids my age and there are definitely some fun toys, but I'm not so sure about my parents leaving me. I don't think they're so sure either (although, they sure do try to cover it up!). Oh, well. I guess we'll all just have to grin and bear it. Kind of like we're doing in this heat!

I'll leave you with a few pics and a link. Enjoy!

My first fort.

Helping Mommy.

Papa Paul and Gramma.

Us with Great Grandma Sally and Great Aunt Katie.

Trying to convince Sara to go to KU. Rock Chalk! ;)


Love,
Elijah

No comments:

Post a Comment