After three weeks of coughing (many times to the point of throwing up), Mom and Dad decided to take me to the doctor. It's a good thing they did too, because apparently it's more than just an ordinary cough...it's wheezing. The doctor prescribed breathing treatments for me, which at first, I thought was pretty exciting. But now, I just find it boring. Who wants to sit still for 20 minutes breathing in air from a tube? Not me.
The very first time I used my breathing machine, I thought it was way cool. Now, my parents have to bribe me.
Twenty seconds of breathing = one fruit snack.
Twenty seconds of breathing = one fruit snack.
On top of the nagging cough, I'm currently cutting FIVE teeth. We were beginning to wonder if I was ever going to get any more teeth...but I guess they were just waiting to all come in at once. I went from six teeth to eleven teeth in the matter of days.
Needless to say, I'm not feeling quite up to par. Sleeping is tough because I'm either coughing, focused on my sore gums, or hyped up from the breathing treatments. Thankfully Mom and Dad have been understanding and allowed me to have extra snuggles. And when I have trouble falling asleep, Mom and I have reverted back to our rocking days. We've even had the chance to rock out on the back porch a couple of times.


If you have a chance, say a little prayer that my cough clears up soon. I have people to visit in a few days!
Love,
Elijah




No comments:
Post a Comment