Well, the time has come. This will be my very last post on this blog. Don't you worry, though. We'll be unveiling our new family blog very soon, which will include lots of fun posts by me AND our new Little Jelly Bean.
But for now...let's just make this post all about ME!!!
An Elijah Ramble
I'm full of energy and have lots to say. I make my parents laugh all the time. I'm very curious, and ask, "Why?" constantly. Because of this, I've learned really cool things about our earth and the way things work. For instance, I can tell you why it gets dark outside. It's because the sun goes down. And I can tell you why the sun goes down. It's because the earth spins around! I'm a little confused about how the earth spins without me feeling it, but I'll go with it.
I can be very polite, using please, thank you, excuse me, and bless you. I frequently do this unprompted, but every now and then, I need reminders.
I love to sing and can make most any word or phrase into a song. My favorite word right now is pomegranate (we have some new pomegranate soap that smells delicious), and it's so fun to say that I often run around the house singing, "Pomegranate, pomegranate, pom - aaaa - granate!". Many days I come home from school singing a song that we learned in class. My favorite is Icky Sticky Bumble Bee, and I recently learned one about the weather that's pretty cool.
I still love to be outside and have a weird fascination with garages. One of my favorite indoor activities is playing with Play Dough. Mom and Dad tend to pull it out when I need to be quiet - like in church, at a restaurant, or when we're at someone's house visiting.
Fear is a new emotion I've experienced lately. I now have a fear of thunder (learned from a classmate), and sometimes I'll tell Mom and Dad that something looks scary and need a little reassurance that all is well. However, I have no fear of strangers (if I'm with my parents), and often ask anyone and everyone we pass, "What's your name?!"
I have no interest in using the potty, and I really don't know why anyone would.
I'm a great sleeper at night, but I still like to snuggle with my mama and my monkey while I'm drifting to sleep. If I wake up early in the morning, I just lay in bed yelling, "Mom! Mom! Mooooom!" until she comes. This saves me from making a trip to my parents' room. On the weekends, it's hard for me to fall asleep at nap time unless I happen to be riding in a car. I always manage to fall asleep at school for nap time, but it usually takes me a while.
I've really started to enjoy watching movies over the past couple of months. My favorites include Ratatouille and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Choo Choo Train.
I'm still tall and skinny. Size 24 month pants seem to fit me the best right now, though some are too big in the waist. 18 month pants fit my waist but are way too short. I wear 24 month or 2T shirts.
Out of the mouth of Elijah
Me :"Mama, why you so pretty?"
Mom: "Alright, Elijah, I'm going to go hop in the shower."
Me: "Don't wash your tummy!" (I didn't want her to wash the baby)
Mom: "Ugh. Eli, why does my tummy hurt so bad?!"
Me: "Because you've been eating too much!" (and then hysterical laughter)
Me: "I want a granola bar just in case."
Dad: "Just in case of what?"
Me: "Just in case I want a granola bar."
To all my readers, thank you! Looking forward to sharing the next chapter of our lives with you on our new family blog. I can already tell big brotherhood is going to be full of adventure!
Love,
Lil' Bit Flor
No comments:
Post a Comment