Sunday, September 23, 2012

Fall Fun

My parents and I have been thrilled with the slightly cooler temps here in Kansas lately.  The leaves are slowly starting to change, and I'm anticipating big leaf pile jumps in just a few weeks!  To get us in the fall spirit, Mom and I decorated the house with a few fall items this week, including some fun pumpkins that I got to tape to my door.



Then, this weekend, Papa and Gramma came to visit us while Daddy was away at a conference.  Gramma, Mama, and I drove to a fun pumpkin patch that had all sorts of activities including a small choo choo train, a petting farm, rock mining, fossil digging, and a big fall-themed playground.  My favorite part of the day was feeding the goats, but I also enjoyed picking out our pumpkins in the patch to take home.  Check out some fun pics of our day here:












While we were out having fun, Papa decided to stay back and bake.  He made a delicious chicken pot pie and a yummy apple crisp pie that we devoured when we got home.  Thanks for slaving away for us, Papa!

Before Gramma and Papa left, we planted some mums together in our front yard.  As always, I loved digging in the dirt and watering the flowers.


I must have been worn out, because this is how I ended up on the couch this afternoon:



Thanks for the fun, Gramma and Papa!

Love,
Elijah 

No comments:

Post a Comment