Sunday, December 6, 2009

Week 16(ish)

Whew! Mom's been so busy these past couple of weeks, that she hasn't sat down long enough to give me a chance to tell you what's going on around here!

Let's see...a few highlights...

Nisha Came to Town!
Our visit with Miss Nisha and Mr. Jeff the weekend before Thanksgiving was so much fun! Basically, we all just relaxed, hung out, and ate a lot of food (which is totally fine by me). We wanted our friends to experience the best of Lawrence, so of course we hit up Mass Street. We ate at Free State Brewery (mom and I laid off the beer) and Dad showed Nisha the best bookstores in town, as she's a fellow bookstore lover. Other highlights of the weekend include a Scrabble game, Pop's homemade corn bread, and a nice stroll through campus. Thanks so much for visiting, friends! Come back soon!


Nisha and Mom
These two have known each other since Mom was in
kindergarten and Nisha was in pre-school, as they
were always enrolled in the same dance classes. Then, in
high school, they became great friends, after spending
lots of time together in band and on the soccer field.


Thanksgiving Fun
Thanksgiving was fabulous - Lots of good food and family fun with the Ahlvins and MacLaughlins. They all seem pretty anxious to meet me. :) Mom and Dad were a little disappointed that their beloved Jayhawks lost to Mizzou in football over Thanksgiving weekend, but they're pumped that we're now in the swing of basketball season. Rock Chalk!

Happy Birthday, Meggo!
We celebrated one of mommy's best friend's (Miss Megan's) birthday on Tuesday at The Cheesecake Factory. I had a delicious dinner and Mama had fun hangin' out with her girls. She wishes that she could see them more often! Happy Birthday, Miss Megan! I know mom feels so blessed to have you in her life. Will you come sing me lullabies when I arrive? Pretty please?


Mommy and Megs - Freshman Year of College
Don't they look young?!


That reminds me - I've never mentioned how excited we are that Miss Ashley and Mr. Stephen are engaged! Mama and Miss Megan are matron/maid of honor. Here's a picture of the whole gang at the engagement party:



Mama, Pops, Ash, Stephen, Megs, and Rodger


Check back soon for highlights from this weekend. We'll also be back in about a week with our 18 week pic!

Here we are at 16 weeks:

I'm starting to cause Mom to have a bit of a belly... which I think is kind of fun for Mom and Pops to actually see me grow. I did have to remind mom to take it easy this week, as I think she forgets that I'm in here sometimes! I gave her a little cramp throughout the day on Friday to tell her to slow down a bit, eat a little more, and drink more fluids! I think I scared her a little, but once she rested up, she was fine. Let's hope that this week is a little less hectic than last.
I like my sleep! :)

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're reminding Mama to take it easy! She needs her rest and food and fluids! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure to keep mommy in line, Lil' Bit! Can't wait until you arrive! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Lil' Bit! You had a lot to say this week : ) Mom has been running around too much - you should make her relax more. Can't wait to see you for some Christmas celebrations in just over a week!!! Lots of love to you, Mom and Pops!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You and your mama have been busy Lil Bit! Can't wait until the rush ends and you and Ma and Pa come to visit us in California for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete