My parents are so blessed to have awesome friends who have helped with some of this transitioning. Over Spring Break, Miss Beth came over to help Mama carry Dad's books to the basement (about four tall bookcases full), and then Mr. Dillon helped Dad carry my new furniture up the stairs to the nursery. Thank you both for all your help! It's made things so much easier on Mom and Dad!
I'd really like to show you pictures of the nursery, but there's one problem: I don't have a crib yet! Long story short, our furniture order was delayed and the store my parents ordered from is going out of business before the order was scheduled to arrive. They had to cancel our order. Mom was really disappointed...she even had one of her "pregnancy" moments...but, in the end, it all turned out alright. Dad came to the rescue by driving to the store to check out what they had left on the floor to sell and got a discount on the chest, dresser, and nightstand. Mom's reordered the same crib from a different store, and it should be here by the end of May. Meanwhile, Mom's borrowed a bassinet to use when I first arrive. Sounds like I'm set!
Obviously the nursery isn't completed since there's no crib, but I wanted to give you a couple of glimpses into my new room. Enjoy!
Mom found these cool animal alphabet prints from a lady on Etsy and then framed them for cheap with pre-matted frames from Kohl's.

Here's the quilt that goes with my nursery bedding. Turns out I won't get to use it much because of the new research showing that babies should sleep without blankets in their crib to prevent SIDS. It will make a cute wall hanging though!

My alphabet rug

My first bed
What a wonderful happy room Lil Bit will be welcomed into! I cannot wait to visit the finished nursery, complete with a brand-new Lil Bit Flor, this summer!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Auntie Alicia
I love, love, love those framed pieces!!! What a darling nursery!! :) Love to all of you!
ReplyDelete~Megan