If you are wondering what the heck took so long, let me explain. Mom's body didn't respond very well to the drugs that were supposed to get her "ready" on Saturday morning. She got two doses of it throughout the day, having to wait 4 hours each time before the doctor would decide whether or not it was time to start the pitocin drip. So, Mom, Dad, Grandma, and I hung out at the hospital all day long just waiting and waiting and waiting. The doctor finally started the pitocin drip that afternoon and a few hours later, she broke mom's bag of waters at around 6:30 p.m. After a very long day of laying around a hospital, labor had officially begun!
We'll spare you the details of the labor and delivery, but I made my appearance at 4:52 a.m. It had been a long and exhausting night for all three of us (I even had to have a vacuum suctioned to my head!), but it was all worth it. I'm lovin' life right now. I eat, sleep, and poop the day away, and then we try to work in little adventures like short walks, music time, photo shoots, and time in my bouncy seat. I'd say life is pretty good as a Flor!
Nana's been here visiting this week and has been such a huge help to mom and dad as they transition into parenthood. Actually, all four of my grandparents were able to be here for my arrival. Lolo (Dad's dad) had to go back to California on Monday for work and Papa Paul and Grandma (mommy's parents) stayed until Tuesday. Grandma and Papa Paul will be back for a short visit this weekend to see how much I've changed. The only aunt or uncle I've met so far is Uncle Matt (thanks for the Cards' gear, by the way!), but we have scheduled visits for all the others in the near future. I can't wait to meet all of them!
Not sure how often we'll be posting now - we'll shoot for once a week or so. I know mom wants to be better about sharing pictures though, so we'll work on getting links sent out as often as possible. Thanks again for all your thoughts, prayers, texts, e-mails, facebook messages, calls, gifts, etc. We sure feel blessed to have so many wonderful family members and friends! Can't wait to meet all of you!
Love,
Elijah Peter Flor (aka Lil' Bit)
Born May 16th at 4:52 a.m.
8 lbs, 0 oz
20 1/2 inches long
Mama's Ready

Meeting Nana

We did it!

Lolo

Comfy with Mommy

Elijah Peter

First day home!

Hanging out with Papa Paul

Uncle Matt

Daddy and Me

Mama's boy



I want to tell you that Uncle Matt lied...I found the Cards gear and bought it...he just delivered it!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Becky
My heart is overjoyed for all of you!! You have a beautiful son!
ReplyDeleteI am Sooooo in love! I'm so happy for you all and cannot wait to meet my darling nephew. You look great new Flor family!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Auntie Alicia
Can't wait to meet you, little Elijah, and I can't believe you're already a week old! You're such a handsome little guy and your parents are definitely super lucky! :)
ReplyDelete