Monday, January 17, 2011

8 months

I turned 8 months old yesterday!

Eight Elijah Facts:

1. I'm not crawling yet, but I'm getting really good at scooting on my tummy. I mainly scoot in circles and backwards. If I really want to move forward, I just let my parents know with my pitiful whimpers.

2. I eat solids twice each day. I usually have a grain cereal with pureed fruit at lunch and oatmeal with pureed veggies at dinner. I also love my mesh feeder, and I've just started trying bits and pieces of soft foods. Meal time is super fun and MESSY!

3. I really love to "walk" with my parents' help. I'm also in the beginning stages of pulling myself up on furniture.

4. Bath time is AWESOME! I love playing in the water and don't even mind getting water in my face. I really love it when Mom pours water over my head. Sometimes she lets it fall from way up high and it makes me giggle.

5. My 6-9 month clothes are too short for me. I'm a tall baby!

6. I still don't have any teeth, but we just found Mom's baby book and she didn't have her first tooth until she was 11 months old, so I have time!

7. I'm not a good sleeper. I rarely let my parents sleep through the night.

8. I've experienced my first snow days. I loved having Mama home from school, but I was not amused when Mom and Dad tried to bundle me up and pull me around on a sled...maybe next year...

8 month pics

All bundled up!

Playing with Daddy

Winter Wonderland

Just loungin' around...

Papa Paul came to visit!

So did Gramma!

Takin' a break from ridin'

I'm 8 months old!

Ride 'em horsey!

Cute baby in a hamper

2 comments:

  1. You'll crawl when you're ready. Based on your Mom and Pop's strong soccer legs, when you do start to crawl and totter around--you'll take off running! Lots of love,
    Auntie Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that last pic!!!! Such a cutie pie! :)

    ReplyDelete