Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Eleven Months

I turned eleven months on April 16. No doctor appointment to report about this month, but I do have eleven Elijah Fun Facts to share for eleven months:

1. I've mastered the stairs when I'm going up. Going down is a little trickier.

2. I love to make silly noises with my mouth. Sometimes I can't remember how I made a particular sound, so I'll make goofy fishy faces until I figure it out again. It makes my parents giggle.

3. I now walk holding onto only one helping hand, but I'm still not quite ready to let go completely. Sometimes I practice walking by myself by walking on all fours with my booty in the air. This makes my parents giggle too.

4. I LOVE to dance to music. This also makes my parents giggle.

5. I'm very opinionated. If I don't like something or I want something my way, I'll tell you about it. This does not make my parents giggle.

6. Daddy has introduced me to Mr. Rogers, his old pal from when he was a kid. I really like his show - especially the Neighborhood Trolley!

7. I still love bathtime, but I have a habit of wanting to stand up in the tub. Mommy always makes me sit down. This makes me VERY mad. Did I mention that I'm opinionated?

8. If I could live outside, I would. I LOVE to be outdoors. Swinging, walking, crawling around in the grass, pulling weeds, eating dirt...I could stay outside forever if you'd let me. I'm ready for the rain to go away so that we can spend more time outside. Rain, rain, go away!

9. Mom and Dad still think I'm too light. I'm not crazy about eating lots of solid foods, but I'm getting better. I guess we'll see how my weight is at my one year appointment.

10. I went to the nursery for the first time at church. I wasn't very happy that Mommy and Daddy left me, but I did like the toys and the nice lady. I might be able to get used to it...

11. I love my monkey. He's my best friend and sleeps with me every nap and bedtime. I really like to chew on his tail!

Here are a few pictures from my eleven month birthday:





No comments:

Post a Comment