Monday, June 6, 2011

Thanks, Papa Paul!

Last weekend, my Papa Paul drove all the way to Kansas just to drive me and my Mama back to Illinois. Mom needed to get to O'Fallon on Friday so that she could see her cousin perform in her last dance recital...and Dad wasn't able to make the trip over until Sunday due to a conference. We sure do appreciate you, Papa Paul! I'm so glad that I didn't have to sit in the backseat all by myself for the entire trip! I like to be entertained while driving. ;)

Once we arrived in O'Fallon, I hung out with Papa Paul for the evening while the ladies went to the dance recital. Mom says that Taylor danced beautifully and that she can't believe that all of her "little" girl cousins have now graduated high school. Crazy. Mom must be old or something. Congrats, Taylor, Sara, Anna, and Briana! We're so proud of you!

On Sunday, Daddy drove in just in time for our big family photo shoot. All 24 of us drove around town taking pictures in fields, parks, and backyards. It was an adventure, but as always, a fun time with the Mac clan. I then rested up for a couple of hours before heading over to Uncle Kert's and Aunt Tammy's for my second first birthday party. It was loads of fun - complete with MORE presents, my very own cake, delicious food, big doggies, a volleyball match, and a dip in the pool. What more could a little guy ask for?

Thanks so much for making my first birthday so special, everyone! Whether you were able to celebrate with me or not, you sure did make me feel loved!

Click here for pics from our Memorial Day Weekend.

Love,
Elijah


The MacLaughlin Fam



Opening my present from Great Grandma Sally.
I love my new monkey blanket! Monkey does too!



See? I told you there were big doggies!

No comments:

Post a Comment