Sunday, June 26, 2011

A Trip to the Zoo

We had a great visit to O'Fallon over Father's Day weekend. On Saturday, Gramma, Dad, Mom, and I all went to the St. Louis Zoo after the storms passed through. I had a great time looking at all the animals, and even had a chance to pet a few in the Children's Zoo. My favorite part of the zoo actually had nothing to do with the animals though - I loved the water sprinklers and fountains. Mom and Dad really need to take me to a water park sometime soon!

Here are some pictures from our trip to the zoo:









On Sunday we had a Father's Day cookout in honor of all the fathers in the MacLaughlin family. Uncle Kert and my Daddy were the only dads who were actually able to be at the dinner, but I know everyone else was there in spirit! We missed you Papa Paul, Great Uncle Mike, and Uncle Joey! You missed out on some yummy homemade peach ice cream!

Click here to check out more pictures from our fun weekend.

We drove back to Lawrence on Monday and have had a busy, but fun, week. We hosted a dinner party on Wednesday, hosted Bible Study on Thursday, prepped for our West Coast trip on Friday, saw Daddy and Lolo off in the truck on Saturday afternoon, and had a Girls Night + Me on Saturday night. Today we had a fun filled Mommy + Eli day - a trip to the park, Chipotle for lunch, a loooong afternoon nap with Mama, a trip to the city pool, dinner, and then a bike ride to another local park. It was loads of fun. The only thing missing is DAD! Miss him!

Mom and I head out on Tuesday morning for my first ever plane ride. I'm pretty excited. I've always wondered what it would be like to fly like a bird high up in the sky. We're off to visit Nana and Lolo in California. Then, Mom, Dad, and I will drive up to Washington to visit my new cousin, Tenzing. I can't wait to meet her! Stay tuned for lots of pictures from our trip.

Love,
Elijah

2 comments:

  1. Good luck on your first flight Eli! We are thinking about taking Leah on her first trip to the St. Louis Zoo this weekend, glad to know Eli approves of the zoo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eli, when you get back from California, I'd love to take you to the pool some day if Mom doesn't want to go. I love the water too! :)

    ReplyDelete