Monday, December 5, 2011

Little Things

Mom always tells me that I need to record the little things so that I'll remember them later...so here it goes:

1. I love taking baths. So much so, that I would often throw a fit when it was time to get out of the tub. To help with this transition, mom started letting me fill up my cups with water...then she sets them on the sink, and as soon as I get out of the tub, I'm allowed to pour the water down the sink. Cool, right!? Ever since mom started letting me do this, I no longer protest ending my bath. She says I'm easily amused.

2. I'm a good sleeper. I typically sleep from about 8:30 p.m. - 7 a.m. I also have about a 2 hour nap in the afternoons while I'm at school. Staying asleep isn't the trouble...it's falling asleep that's difficult. I really LOVE sleeping with Mom and Dad at night, and when I'm sick, they allow it. Unfortunately, now that I'm no longer really sick, they've started putting me back in my crib. I HATE it. Apparently Mom and Dad are discussing the pros and cons of introducing a "big boy bed" in hopes that it might help the bedtime process. I'm all for it! Stay tuned.

3. I'm talking a lot, and I'll attempt to repeat almost any word that you ask me to say. Some words are clearer than others. For instance, "Gramma" tends to sound like "Bubba" for some reason.

4. I'm starting to learn my colors, and have "blue" down pat. Blue is definitely my favorite color. I like to drink out of blue sippy cups the best.

5. I won't go #2 at school. Mom thinks it's odd that in the entire semester I've attended school, I've only had one dirty diaper at school. Enough said.

6. I just had my third haircut. It's definitely made my hair look darker. I guess the tips were really blond because of the summer sun. I'm still blond...just not quite as light.

7. I recently discovered two new monkeys that were sitting up on my shelf. I still love Monkey the best, but I'm excited that he has a family to play with now.

8. Sometimes when I notice that Mom or Dad are on Gmail, I request (without prompting) to talk to my Nana. This weekend she happened to be on-line when I asked, so we got to video-chat. We're thankful that technology keeps us close to family!

9. I love ice.

10. I love to play Ring Around the Rosie with Mom and Dad. We always play on the living room rug...so sometimes I'll run into the living room and jump up and down to signal that it's time for the game.

11. I like to listen to the Beatles. I'll often request the "Beabos" when I want to dance.

1 comment:

  1. Great Aunt Donna also LOVES technology...we can keep up with the doings of our little man.....Love you guys!!!!

    ReplyDelete