While I've only experience two Easters so far, I always feel as though the celebration flies by too quickly. Mom says when she was a kid, they always had "Spring Break" on the Thursday/Friday/Monday surrounding Easter. Unfortunately, in Lawrence, they don't have the same schedule, so we were at school on Good Friday and back again on Easter Monday. This might be alright if we weren't always traveling for Easter. But we love being with family on holidays, so that means travel. It's exhausting. But also awesome. We are so blessed to have family to celebrate the miracle of Easter with. We had a lovely weekend filled with dying Easter eggs, an Easter feast, a music-filled church service, Easter baskets, and a big egg hunt. I was a big hit at the church service as I helped conduct the hand bells and choir. It's tough work keeping all the musicians together, so I figured it was the least I could do to back up the director.
Check out some pics here:
I started out the weekend with a big fall while playing in my Aunt Donna's garden. I tripped and fell straight into a concrete statue. As you can see, my face got a bit scraped up, but what was worse is that one of my bottom teeth went through my upper lip. I had a bit of a hole, and quite a bit of blood, but was thankful for my great aunts Lizzy and Sheri, both nurses, who advised mom to just let it heal up on its own. I was glad I didn't have to end up at an Urgent Care Center on Easter weekend!



Happy Easter! He is risen! He is risen, indeed! Alleluia!
more pics
here
No comments:
Post a Comment