Sunday, July 22, 2012

Lately...

Some of my most common phrases...
 
"Mama, whatcha doin'?"  or "Whatcha doin', Dadda?" (when I'm curious)

"Ya know what? (what)  Ya know what? (what) Ya know what? (what)  I loooooove ______." Fill in the blank with anything from the wall to strawberries to my Mama.  (This is a little game I use when I'm trying to stay awake instead of nap.) 

"Eli go away.  Dadda cry!"  (This is a game we play...I run away while my parents fake cry and then I run back to make them happy again.  My parents are really good actors.)

"Eli too little.  Eli get bigger!"  (when it's time to eat)

"No!  Eli do it all by self" (24/7)

Have you noticed that I speak in 3rd person most of the time?  Mom says that while it is pretty cute, I should probably work on that.  ;) 

While these are some of my common phrases, I am talking a TON.  Many people have commented on my advanced vocabulary for my age.  It seems like once I turned two, something in my brain just clicked.  My parents have sure enjoyed having conversations with me!  I make them laugh a lot.    

Play time...

I've started doing a lot of imaginary play lately.  I continue to use objects for pretending with (example: making dinner in my play kitchen), but I've stepped it up a notch by pretending to do things even when I don't have anything to work with.  One of my favorites is to pretend to open and close an imaginary garage door with sound effects.  

I'm still into music and love to dance, sing, and play instruments.  I also enjoy playing with my musical stuffed friend "Tad."  He's a Leap Frog toy who helps me with my counting, among other things.

Personality...

I continue to be as independent as ever.  As mentioned, I like to do things by myself, including getting into my car seat, brushing my teeth, turning on and off water, etc.  My parents are very patient with me when it comes to these things, though they've learned a few tricks to help get things done at least a little quicker.  For instance, they now give me ten seconds to climb into my car seat.  If I'm not in the seat by the time they count to ten, they put me in themselves.  I don't always like it, but I have to admit, it keeps me from getting too distracted!   

I'm also still a very sweet kid.  I'm not one to offer lots and lots of hugs and kisses, but when I do, I'm very generous!  One of my parents' favorite kind of kisses are "gate kisses."  These are given at the end of our bed time routine to the parent who goes downstairs to work while the other one stays with me while I drift to sleep.  I love to give kisses through the gate at the top of the stairs!

Basically, if you keep me well-fed and rested, I'm pretty fun to be around.  If you don't, watch out!  I'm a lot like my Mama in this way.  ;)   



No comments:

Post a Comment