We had such a fun 4th. Dad had the day off work, but instead of making big plans, we just had a nice family day. Breakdown of the day's events:
Breakfast
Video Chat with Nana and Lolo
Walk to the "Big Park" and the Merc
Lunch at the Merc
Tropical Sno on the walk home
Nap with Daddy
Painting with Mama while Dad cooked
Devouring the delicious meal Dad made (grilled steaks and chicken, pasta, salad)
Dessert: strawberry shortcake
FIREWORKS!
A very late bedtime
I'm told that I went to see fireworks with Mom and Gramma back in 2010 when I was just a few weeks old, but I don't really remember them. Last year we skipped them since it was way past my bedtime, so I wasn't really sure what to expect when we went to see them last night. Mom and Dad tried to explain them to me throughout the day. They just kept saying, "Boom!" and, "Bright colors!" over and over again. Turns out their description was pretty accurate. I LOVED them. I sat in awe and would clap at the ones I really enjoyed.
Hope you all had a safe and happy Fourth! Happy Birthday, USA!
Love,
Elijah
No comments:
Post a Comment