Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Little Trooper

Bronchiolitis. Wheezing. Ear Infection. Breathing treatments. Antibiotics. Coughing. Vomiting. All things I've dealt with since late Thursday night. But you wouldn't know it, because I'm a trooper. Smiles, giggles, dancing...nothing slows me down.

After throwing up on Thursday night because of coughing, Mom and Dad still sent me to school because I had no other real symptoms. Mom noticed I was a little clingy on Friday morning, but she wasn't too worried. She asked my teachers if they noticed anything throughout the day, and they said I was as silly as always! But then, I laid down Friday night and threw up AGAIN, and sure enough...I started running a fever on Saturday. We laid low this weekend. Can't even really remember what we did. Slept, made Valentines, painted, slept some more...all with a lot of coughing mixed in. Saturday night, I threw up again...three minutes into the KU/MU game (a bit of foreshadowing for ya). It was so bad, I had to take a second bath that night. The good news was that Mom let me sit in her lap and fall asleep while she and Daddy watched the game so that I could sit up a bit. It seems the coughing is the worst when I'm laying down. I love snuggling Mama at night time.

We went to the doc first thing on Monday morning, and sure enough, I had the same thing as I did a couple of months ago. Only this time, the doc said it was a little worse. She even had the med student shadowing her listen to my chest because it was "impressive." Not exactly what we wanted to hear. She also checked my oxygen levels, and they were just a little low (thanks for explaining the numbers for us, Ashley and Aunt Sheri). The doc ordered us to do breathing treatments every two hours, start an antibiotic for the ear infection, and come back the next day to check out those levels. I think that's when we knew it was serious. Our doc has never made us come back the next day before.

Anyways, all is well. The follow up went great and my oxygen levels went up by a point. Apparently my chest is sounding better already and even my ears are starting to clear up. We go back on Friday to make sure the ears are cleared up completely. Dad's going to stay home with me one more day to make sure I get my breathing treatments every few hours, but I should be back at Hilltop on Thursday.

Thanks for the positive thoughts and prayers!

Love you all,
E

No comments:

Post a Comment