When we returned from our trip to California, Mom immediately began to prep for a summer camp that she hosted with other gifted facilitators in her school district. Dad was busy working at his internship (which is going very well, by the way!), so we asked Gramma and Papa to come hang out with me for the week. As always, we had the best time!
Mom and Dad were able to sneak away from work long enough to go on a short hike with me and Gramma on Saturday. I loved trotting along with my walking stick and monkey. That afternoon, Gramma stole me away for a couple of days so that we could attend Noah's confirmation back in Illinois. I love visiting Gramma and Papa's. Not only are they loads of fun, but I've become best buds with Poncho, the crazy dog. Daisy's pretty sweet too, but she's not as playful as Poncho. I'm thankful that she's so gentle and patient with me though.
After a few days in Illinois, we returned to Kansas so that I could at least see my Mama and Daddy in the evenings. My favorite day was Friday when Gramma and Papa took me to the Topeka Zoo. I saw all sorts of animals, and LOVED feeding the goats. In fact, I loved it so much, that my Mom and Dad planned a special weekend trip for all of us to visit Deanna Rose Farm so that I could feed even more goats. While we were at the farm, I went fishing for the first time ever, and caught THREE fish with my Papa! I was pretty proud (and only a little scared). ;) I also learned that my milk comes from a cow, and even got to watch a machine milk a cow. It was fascinating.
Click here to enjoy some pictures from my special week with Gramma and Papa!
No comments:
Post a Comment