Thursday, June 28, 2012

June Fun

The week after Gramma and Papa "camp," I got to spend a week just hangin' out with Mama during the day until Daddy came home from work.  Mom and I have LOVED our time together this summer.  Typical day: We "sleep in" until 7:30 or 8, have a leisurely breakfast together, run errands, do household chores, and/or hit a local park, make lunch, nap (sometimes Mama naps too!), and then we go to the park or pool until Daddy gets home.  Sometimes Dad even meets us there right after work.  I love it when that happens.  We miss him during the day!
  
That next weekend, we made a quick trip to O'Fallon to take family pictures with the Ahlvin clan.  Mom had school meetings scheduled all day on the following Monday and Tuesday, so my parents decided to just leave me with Gramma and Papa.  They figured they'd spend just as much money on a babysitter as they would on gas money...and since I clearly love hanging out with them (and Poncho!), it was a pretty good deal.  Mom came back to see me on Wednesday, and we stayed in town a few more days so that we could spend some time with my cousin Adyn.  Her parents were vacationing in Jamaica, so Gramma and Papa were in charge of her too!  I like being around Adyn, but I wasn't so sure about my Mama spending so much time with her.  I made sure to announce, "That's MY mama," a couple of times...just in case anyone got any ideas.

While we were in O'Fallon, our friends Joelle and Laiken introduced us to the new splash pad in town.  Joelle is Mom's friend from high school, and her son Laiken is a few months younger than me.  We had fun playing in the splash pad, but my favorite part was actually the little creek nearby.  Mom enjoyed that area a little more too, because it allowed her and Joelle to catch up a bit.  They spent more time chasing us around than talking when we were in the splash pad.  That same afternoon, we took Caleb and Gramma back to the park to show them how cool it was.  I was a little tentative about the water, but Caleb helped me warm up by pouring water on my head.  At first I was a bit upset by that, but he let me get him back, so all was well.  Mom said it was good for me to have someone to pick on me a bit...and I'm sure Caleb appreciated playing the "older brother" role for once.  He's had to deal with two older bros and an older sis his whole life!    

Mom and I returned to Lawrence last Saturday and have had another fun-filled week.  Highlights include babysitting Baby Will, an afternoon with my friend Liesel while Mom was at another work meeting, a trip to the wading pool, a visit to Clinton Lake beach (which I confused for a giant sandbox), and a field trip with my Hilltop friends to the park and library.  It's been an especially hot week, so our time outside has been limited, but we're still having a great time!

Hope you're all staying cool!

Love,
Elijah

Enjoy a few pics here


 
Me and my mama.

Got ya!

 Sweet cousins.

      Playing with Will.

1 comment:

  1. what a fun month so far! Let's hope July holds more summer adventures! We cannot thank you enough for helping out with Will! :)

    ReplyDelete