Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Meeting Baby Ronan

We started off our summer with a bang by flying out to California to visit the fam and meet my newest cousin, Ronan!  We flew out late Friday night after Mom and Dad got off of work, which meant we didn't make it to Vallejo until midnight (2 a.m. our time).  As usual, I was a great little flyer and only got upset on the descent when my ears wouldn't pop while I was sleeping.  Mom and Dad tried to get me to drink something, but I wasn't havin' it. 

We went straight to bed once we made it to Nana and Lolo's, but when I woke up the next morning, I was so excited to find the house full of some of my favorite people!  I knew I'd be seeing Nana, Lolo, Uncle Mark, Auntie Camille, and Ronan, but I was super happy to see that Uncle James, Auntie Caedmon, and Tenzing had made the trip down as well!  The only thing missing that morning was my sweet Auntie Alicia.  Tenzing was all smiles and loved running around and climbing on things.  And Ronan didn't do much but eat, sleep, and poop...but I have a feeling he's going to be a cool little buddy one of these days. 

We spent that day just hangin' out with the family and relaxing.  At one point, we were all out in the backyard admiring (and sometimes sneaking fruit from) Nana's trees and other plants, when we were all surprised by the arrival of Auntie Alicia!  She managed to change her work schedule so that she could fly out and see us.  It was the best surprise ever! 

Sunday was a day for welcoming Ronan to the world.  Nana invited several of Uncle Mark and Auntie Camille's friends over and we celebrated with delicious barbecue and a cute little dinosaur cake.  I enjoyed digging in the dirt with Tenzing and the other little people at the party.  Nana and Lolo have lots of fun trucks and buckets and shovels that are perfect for that sort of thing.  It doesn't take much to please me!

Unfortunately, Daddy had to leave us on Monday so that he could return to work, but Mom and I were thrilled to stay a couple extra days to hang out with everyone.  I was fairly well behaved throughout the trip, though I had a hard time going down for naps and night time.  There was just so much going on that I fought my parents every time they suggested sleep.  I also got into the habit of biting Lolo every time we played.  I'm not usually a biter, so I'm not sure why I had the urge to take a piece out of Lolo every time...but thankfully he was a good sport about it.  I'll try harder to control myself next time I see you, Lolo!

All in all, it was a wonderful trip.  As always, it was way too short, but we had to get back for Mom to prep for her summer camp.  We left our flash drive with all the great pics on it in California, so we'll have to share those later...but until then, enjoy these two treasures:


Watching him sleep.    



  Somebody loves her Uncle Pat.

 

1 comment: